Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Prep-Breckenridge - Full Time
at Welk Resorts
By adhering to Welk i-Serve service standards, the Food Prep will Prepare meals in accordance with portion and quality standards specified by Chef. Food Prep is an integral part of the kitchen and restaurant operation and is a key player in overall success of the lunch and dinner service periods. His/her main responsibility is to prepare menu items from raw state to service on demand. Provide a clean, organized and safe working environment throughout the kitchen.
Take ownership of your shift and station and strive to find solutions to problems rather than place blame and to be proactive in reporting problems and any out of the ordinary issues to the Executive Chef. Provide valid food handling card within 30 days of employment. Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; control food waste, loss and usage by applying proper portion control.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
*Prepare food of consistent quality production and portion standards, paying attention to detail.
*Cook all food orders according to Guest specifics, ensuring proper presentation on each plate.
*Calibrate your thermometer daily
*Check your entire product before beginning your shift, ensuring freshness and good quality of the product.
Date all food containers and rotate as per the SOP, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
*Ensures that quality is never compromised and service never delayed enabling the best guest experience possible strives for excellence.
* Maintains fresh, organized work station at all times to ensure the highest level of cookery.
* Assists other cooks in achieving their goals, fostering teamwork and camaraderie.
* Prepares and presents menu items in specific station (line).
* Maintains the highest level of cleanliness in accordance with the Health Department and hotel standards.
* Prepares entrees according to restaurant standards by consistently following recipes and established techniques.
* Maintains a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
* Rotates stock to maintain freshness and eliminate waste.
* Regular and predictable attendance for scheduled shifts.
* Practices established safety and emergency procedures.
* Undertakes other responsibilities as directed by the Chef
Have High School diploma or equivalent (GED), if less than High School education, must be able to read, write and speak basic English related to this position. Must have at least 2-3 years of experience in a kitchen, hotel experience, preferred. Excellent knife skills required.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. Lift 50 pounds or more. Use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.