Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Office Assistant Manager
at Welk Resorts
By adhering to Welk Resort’s I-Serve service standards, the Assistant Front Office Manager oversees and coordinates activities of all Front Office team members (FO Supervisors, Lead Guest Service Agents, FO Trainer, Guest Service Agents, and Rooms Controllers; resolves challenges arising from guest complaints; supervises room assignment and room swapping activities; and responds to guest requests in a courteous and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Consistently follow the I-Serve standards at all times.
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings, keep the workplace in safe condition, and work in a safe manner.
- Adhere to attendance policy and report to workstation at scheduled start time.
- Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems, and/or procedures.
- Guest Service
- Assist guests and respond to guest requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Manage escalated guest challenges and resolve these challenges to the guests’ satisfaction.
- Manage the Guest Compensation Log.
- Ensure the Front Office team consistently follows the Signature Guest Engagement standards.
- Front Office Operations
- Oversee Front Office operations including room swapping, inventory types and rules, check-in, check-out, and room blocking.
- Ensure that all Front Office procedures and AOPs are adhered to by all Front Office team members.
- Oversee day-to-day Front Office operational demands.
- Promote financial accountability within the Front Office department.
- Sales & Inventory
- Adhering and following the AOPs to ensure inventory is satisfactory
- Holds Guest Service Agents accountable for following AOPs ensuring proper rotation of inventory and items purchased to maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Additionally following all AOP’s accordance with processing and tracking invoices.
- Also accurately collecting revenue as a direct-point of sale (cash transaction) or posting the items correctly to a guest folio as a room charge or the appropriate house account.
- Associate Service
- Solve and/or assist Front Office team members in solving non-routine or complex guest challenges, system challenges, and/or procedural issues.
- Provide on-going training for all Front Office team members (together with the Front Office trainer).
- Together with the Front Office Manager, conduct interviewing, hiring, disciplinary action for the Front Office department.
- Oversee Front Office payroll processing, as well as scheduling of Front Office team members.
- Welk Culture
- Motivate the team by maintaining a positive attitude and exemplifying the vision and mission of the Welk Resort.
- Future Planning
- Together with the Front Office Manager, create long-term strategies for the growth of the Front Office department.
- Point, suggest, and assist in implementation of procedure/policy changes.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements following this paragraph are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Have High School diploma or equivalent (GED), Hospitality courses preferred. Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. TimeShareWare skills a plus. Two to three years related managerial/supervisory experience and/or training in a hotel/resort environment. Timeshare experience a plus.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or Team Members of the organization. Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English. Must have excellent English grammar skills, including punctuation, spelling, style, etc.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to make decisions that are in the best interests of the company. Ability to be flexible and easily adapt to change. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, field personnel and sub-contractors/vendors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The Team Member must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low.