Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Guest Service Agent
at Welk Resorts
The Front Office department is responsible for welcoming and assisting all resort guests in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner, following Welk Resort’s Signature Guest Engagement service standards. The Guest Service Agent welcomes and assists all resort guests while performing check-ins, check-outs, pre check-ins, as well as keeping records of guest accounts.
- Guest Service. Assist guests and respond to guest requests in a professional and timely manner. Follow the Signature Guest Engagement standards at all times. Be knowledgeable and provide guests with information regarding resort facilities, hours of operation, key team members, special activities and functions in the resort as requested. Handle Front Desk telephone calls as needed and ensure that prompt courteous service is provided. When confronted with a guest challenge, make reasonable determinations of what a guest is seeking, based on the guest’s requests and information given, and participate in problem solving situations while keeping managers and supervisors informed.
- Front Office Operations. Handle day-to-day operational responsibilities such as check-ins, check-outs, pre check-ins, and guest accounts. Follow all company and Front Office AOPs and procedures. Perform all duties listed on the shift checklists and inform department managers or supervisors of any duties that are not clearly understood. Check with the department manager or supervisor to determine any special needs and/or tasks for the day. Utilize the computer system, iHotelier and TSW property management system in retrieving, updating and inputting guest information.
- Capture credit card information at check-in, process payments, and charge guest accounts. Take payment for owner maintenance fees when necessary. Follow all cash handling and bank AOPs.
- Welk Culture. Maintain a positive attitude and exemplify the mission and vision of Welk Resorts. Attend and participate in all Welk Core Four workshops. Follow the Front Office Team Member Expectations and maintain a neatly groomed appearance that is in compliance with Welk Resorts standards.
- Communication. Communicate and cooperate with other departments and Welk team members as necessary. Provide others with necessary information and decisions in a timely, clear and concise manner.
- Sales & Inventory. Adhering and following the AOPs to ensure inventory is satisfactory to avoid expiration of items, properly rotating inventory and communicating with his/her supervisor when items need purchased. Furthermore accurately collecting revenue as a direct-point of sale (cash transaction) or posting the items correctly to a guest folio as a room charge or the appropriate house account.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training. Hospitality experience preferred.
- One year certificate from college or technical school.