WellAge Senior Communities
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at WellAge Senior Communities
- Are you able to connect to people and empathize with others?
- Do you get excited about caregiving and coordinating health care needs for the elderly?
- Do you love to build connections and long-lasting relationships?
- Are you committed to following through on your commitments to residents and peers?
WellAge Senior Communities is a dynamic senior housing organization with recognized healthcare expertise leading our Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care communities. We bring high quality service delivery to our residents and value-driven management outcomes to the business.
Our name, WellAge, reflects our commitment to creating environments and services to promote our residents aging well and remaining active doing the things they love and enjoy. Each community is designed to create a purposeful life and engaging life experiences.
We offer you competitive pay, a great benefits package, opportunities for growth and an engaging culture. Join our team today!
The Wellness Director is a leadership role assisting in the planning, organizing, developing and directing of resident services in accordance with regulatory standards and customer expectations.
This position is delegated the responsibility for carrying out the assigned duties and responsibilities in accordance with current existing federal and state regulations and established company policies and procedures.
Resident Care Service Duties: 40% time
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations and create standardized processes
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or scheduled form
- Communicate and build relationships with the residents, have patience and tact with dealing with residents, families and visitors
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the company
- Manage the health care of all residents, including the dissemination of information to families and staff
- Ensure completion of on-site assessments of residents admitted to hospitals or skilled nursing facilities for treatment and maintains contact with resident’s family with the view to returning to the community
- Observe residents; records significant conditions and reactions
- Explain procedures and treatments to residents to gain cooperation, understanding and relieve any apprehension, as appropriate
- Communicate with resident’s physician re: residents’ status and change of condition
- Facilitate continuity of care for those residents receiving home health services
- Assign weekly blood pressure and weights to rotating shifts
- Assure in-hours ancillary medical services such as podiatrist, doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, x-ray, ambulance, etc. are scheduled and followed through
- Assure the family members are aware of resident’s need for scheduled physicals, dental, or eye appointments
- Respond to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures and protocol
Resident Care Department and Managing Staff: 30% time
- Provide training, supervision, and monitoring of staff in the administration of medications, to include frequently auditing medications sheets
- Provide training and education to resident care staff on an ongoing basis. This includes classroom in-services, and situation specific training
- Supervise the maintenance of residents’ charts, review documentation performed by the care giving staff
- Participate in department quality improvement activities
- Develop standards and promote process improvement
- Foster teamwork and build relationships
- Participate in community functions, including family and social functions
- Maintain professional confidentiality
- Provide engaging service to residents, family and outside vendors
- Manage on call duties as required
Resident Care Support Duties: 15% time
- Direct supervision of caregiving and coordination of health care needs within the community
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procurement manuals
- Write routine reports and correspondence
- Promote positive living environment for residents to include assessment and care planning, medication management program and training and supervising care giving staff
- Develop systems for monitoring resident health conditions and for ensuring efficient and safe delivery of resident care
- Assess health, functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services for each resident, evaluates effectiveness and maximizes the resident’s opportunity to remain in the assisted living environment
- Ensure completion of a pre-admission assessment for each resident and update annually or as needed
- Initiate a resident service plan according to the individualized needs of the resident, as prescribed by physician and/or community policy and provide resident and family instructions
- Where applicable, seeks input from the resident and family in the development of the service plan
- Perform ongoing assessments of residents’ physical and psycho-social needs and coordinates with other departments to assure quality, proactive care
- Conduct or coordinate pre-admission screening of prospective new residents. Assures that all required documentation is completed prior to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments, service plans, and other assigned forms
Executive Director Support Duties: 15% time
- Notify the Executive Director and physician of resident’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents
- Organize or assist the Executive Director in organizing, developing, and conducting service plans reviews as required with appropriate resident care team members and resident families
- Perform daily and monthly safety checks of the home and grounds, assisting the Executive Director for resident safety purposes
- All other duties as assigned
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Get teams and staff on board with new ideas
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Skills: Experience in Google platform and Microsoft Office applications (Word or Google for Business environment)
- Knowledge: Procedures and techniques involved in providing related bedside resident-care service; standard techniques used in providing personal services for resident and in caring for equipment and supplies; understanding of basis of asepsis and sterile techniques to avoid infection of residents and self or contamination of equipment and supplies; assessment process, and the development and execution of care plans
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: LPN license as a minimum; Current state nursing license issued by appropriate state licensing agency; as required by law, attend in-service educations within the community
- Experience: A minimum of three years of experience working with AL/IL industry; Point click care; preferred
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Classification: exempt
- This is a full-time position with benefits