Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Compliance Consultant 4 - Sales Practices/UDAAP/Fair Lending
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wells Fargo Compliance is the company’s compliance second line of defense function, providing company-wide leadership, standards, support, and independent oversight to ensure that all business groups abide by applicable laws, rules, regulations and regulatory guidance (regulatory requirements), meet compliance responsibilities, and manage compliance risks. Wells Fargo Compliance credibly challenges management decisions, business processes and activities, and evaluates and assesses adherence to applicable regulatory requirements. It provides appropriate analysis, reporting, and escalation to senior management and the Board of Directors, sets minimum standards for the company, and gives advice, guidance, and support for compliance risk management activities across the enterprise.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing.
The Consumer Banking and Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation (PVSI) Testing and Validation - UDAAP/Sales Practices/Fair Lending Testing Team is seeking is seeking a seasoned Compliance Consultant to assist in overseeing and executing control and transactional testing of UDAAP, Sales Practices, and Fair Lending risks as they relate to Community Banking and PVSI associated business lines and processes. Specifically, these business lines may include Regional Banking, Small Business Lending, Virtual Channels, and Sales & Service Conduct Oversight. This Compliance Consultant will conduct compliance risk testing activities for regulatory risks specific to UDAAP, Sales Practices and Fair Lending. This position will interact with the UDAAP Program Office, Legal Department, Business Control Executive teams, the Testing and Validation teams, line of business Operational Risk and Compliance teams, other ET&V managers, Wells Fargo Audit Services, and other oversight groups.
In addition to the responsibilities above, this position will have responsibility for:
- Developing testing strategies and methodology for UDAAP, SP, and FL
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, products and internal controls
- Participating in complex testing engagements for UDAAP, SP and FL risks impacting Regional Banking, Small Business Lending, and Virtual Channels
- Drafting reports of findings and providing recommendations to business line management
- Consulting with various issue owners to assist in developing corrective action plans
- Assist in effectively managing change to ensure regulatory compliance
- May assist with site, agency or other examinations conducted by internal/external parties
Preferred location(s): Charlotte, NC; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Phoenix, AZ; San Antonio, TX and Denver, CO. Will consider other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint for qualified candidates.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Advanced knowledge of Fair Lending, UDAAP and Sales Practices laws/requirements
- Product and process knowledge of Regional Banking and PVSI
- CRCM, CIA, or other Compliance/Audit Certifications
- Experience developing testing strategies and methodology for UDAAP and FL
- Community Banking or Sales Practices Compliance Experience
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, initiatives, product and internal controls
CORP RISK/CORPORATE RISK
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.