Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Civil Engineer (P.E.)
at Woolpert, inc.
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place to Work®. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Senior Civil Engineer in our Englewood, CO office.
The Senior Civil Engineer will work on plan production, perform design calculations, and assist the team leader and project manager with a variety of site/civil land development engineering projects in the Buildings sector. This individual will have a proven ability to work directly with cross-functional internal stakeholders. Our Senior Civil Engineer will be the lead designer for site layout, utility routing, sanitary/storm sewer design, roadways, grading/earthwork, erosion control, stormwater management systems and stormwater pollution prevention plans. The senior civil engineer will also provide design direction and mentorship to junior-level engineers on the production team.
- Design and create site layout plans in alignment with client requirements and Woolpert standards.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to develop concept plans, grading plans, and site designs.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure project objectives (scope, schedule, deliverables) are met in accordance with established metrics
- Provide technical expertise in site/civil design, hydrology/hydraulics, erosion and sedimentation control, and stormwater management
- Reviews scope and schedule of proposals to develop budgets to complete technical aspects of a project.
- Assists project management staff in development of project proposal, as necessary.
- Assists project management staff during negotiations with definition of project schedule, fee, and scope, as necessary.
- Clarifies performance expectations of phase and/or task deliverables.
- Executes and/or coordinates the completion of phase deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 8-10 years Site/Civil Design experience
- Active Professional Engineer License and ability to obtain Colorado Professional Engineer License is required
- Prior exposure to design and permitting within the greater Denver market is required
- Proven experience with codes and regulations, interpreting plans, designing storm water facilities, site grading and permitting for land development projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of Civil 3D, Autodesk Vehicle Tracking and Storm and Sanitary Analysis software packages and Microsoft Suite products
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to provide excellent Client satisfaction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Strong organizational, time management, attention to detail and analytical skills
- While committed to team efforts, must be willing to act independently. A strong sense of personal responsibility for deadlines and work product is a must.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals