Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Reliability Engineer - Google Cloud
at Woolpert, inc.
Do you call yourself a Site Reliability Engineer, Software Engineer, IT Operations, DevOps, or something similar? Do you also believe that “Hope is not a strategy.” when it comes to fault-tolerant systems? If so, the Woolpert Cloud Practice wants to talk with you! Woolpert has a successful business moving customers to the Cloud and we are seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) for our Google Team to accelerate that growth.
Flexible for the right candidate; otherwise Dayton, Ohio, or Denver, Colorado.
About the Role:
Woolpert is increasingly offering hosted products and services to customers with well-defined Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) play a critical role in designing, testing, deploying, and maintaining the infrastructure behind those Products and Services.
Working with Customer Engineers, Software Engineers, and other Woolpert subject matter experts, you will create an SRE/DevOps operational model that tackles system degradation and failure in a systematic and drama-free way. You will champion and deliver blame-free post-mortems so that our systems become more resilient over time, and customers get better service tomorrow than they do today.
Success will be measured by your ability design, provision, and manage Cloud infrastructure that meets Customer SLAs and SLOs. Not a one-time thing, your ultimate goal is to make the system better over time: that’s the SRE mindset. Customers hosted on the platforms you design and maintain are happy, and happy customers are repeat customers.
SREs fill a critical role at Woolpert. They are both technical subject matter experts and creative advocates for operational solutions.
- Consult with Woolpert’s customer-facing teams on new and existing technical requirements, with a focus on Cloud solutions (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, hybrid Cloud).
- Define Service Level Objectives and instrument all infrastructure and services with appropriate Service Level Indicators.
- Deliver highly available, fault-tolerant Cloud-based systems, using commercial, open source, and home-grown practices and tools.
- Define and build the SRE discipline at Woolpert via hiring, educating. Delivering policies, tools, and processes; automating anything that can be automated.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
- Educate customers through direct training, and by influencing them towards modern CI/CD engineering habits.
- BS in Computer Science or related field where software engineering is practiced. Or 3 years experience in software engineering or similar field.
- Experience deploying and maintaining production-grade solutions in a virtualized environment such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, VMware, or similar platform.
The following skills would make you an even stronger member of the team:
- Relevant Google Certified Professional highly desirable.
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure deployment and management tools such as Terraform, Packer, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or similar.
- Hybrid cloud integration experience, especially related to networking and identity management.
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. In 2018, Woolpert was named Google’s Global Maps Partner of the Year. Woolpert was recently certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work®, we believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients.
Woolpert/Google Partnership: https://woolpert.com/google/
Learn more about our “Great Place To Work” certification: http://reviews.greatplacetowork.com/woolpert-inc