Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Finance and Accounting
- Employment Duration
- Regular Full-Time
The Billing Specialist performs a variety of day to day functions in the accounting department of this publicly held company, including analytical reporting and special projects as assigned. The key focus will be to support invoicing, and revenue, while promoting a team environment across the organization, and exhibiting traits of dependability, independence, and effectiveness.
- Maintains strictest level of security and confidentiality of all company and client records.
- Supports accounting processes and procedures to uphold accurate accounting practices and reporting.
- Performs billing processes and reporting to meet evolving organizational needs, including but not limited to:
- Client invoicing
- Prepare various account reconciliations, including analysis and research
- Perform month end activities
- Support auditing requirements and parent company reporting needs, etc.
- Develops and maintains appropriate client and team relationships – both internal and external.
- Other duties may be assigned, including special projects.
- 2+ years billing experience.
- Solid technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Intermediate Excel skills preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with variety of people throughout company.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy of data.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, re-prioritize as necessary, and maintain organization to workflow and documentation.
- Ability to work independently and use discretion in problem solving and data analysis.
- A sense of drive and urgency is critical for managing deadlines with competing priorities.
- Strong ability to develop and maintain team-based professional relationships with Managers, as well as other Administration personnel.
- Ability to communicate with appropriate personnel in an assertive, professional manner in the event of requests that are irregular or not in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and changing environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 2+ years billing experience preferred
- 2 years general accounting experience preferred.
- SOX experience a plus.
- Microsoft Excel Intermediate preferred, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate in clear, concise language.
- Ability to listen, interpret, and clarify responsibilities and tasks when working with others.
- Ability to understand and create formulas for use in computerized programs (i.e. MS Excel) required.
- Strong math skills.