Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Commercial Corporate Counsel
Commercial Corporate Counsel
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Centennial, CO
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, RingCentral empowers today’s mobile and distributed workforce to communicate, collaborate, and connect from anywhere, on any device. RingCentral unifies voice, video, team messaging and collaboration, conferencing, online meetings, and integrated contact center solutions. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
Traditionally, business communications comprised a series of inflexible, expensive, and disparate systems: on-premises hardware–based private branch exchanges, or PBX systems, which are still prevalent in businesses today. The emergence of the cloud and SaaS business models, combined with the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, as well as the corresponding new paradigms in user experiences, has revolutionized how people communicate. RingCentral is leading the charge in cloud-based communications.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $12 billion. With a $850 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1 billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst quotes after recent earnings:
- Jeffries: “Firing on all cylinders.”
- Morgan Stanley: “Near flawless execution. Succeeding where others are stumbling.”
- Bank of America-Merrill Lynch: “Enterprise traction still in the early innings; accelerating subscription revenues.”
RingCentral is looking for a seasoned, practical Commercial Corporate Counsel, with 4 or more years of relevant sales support experience to join our legal team. This self-motivated individual will be comfortable working in an exciting, high-growth, fast paced sales-driven culture and will be responsible for managing the expectations of the Sales department as well as engaging directly with customers and partners and their attorneys during contract negotiations.
The role includes:
- Providing support on Master Service Agreements (including SOWs for professional services, SLAs, Service descriptions etc.), NDAs, and other transactions as needed.
- Interfacing with Sales, Sales Operations, Services, Finance and Accounting teams to assist the Legal team’s efforts in the preparation, implementation and optimization of forms, processes and procedures.
- Streamlining contract management processes and templates and conducting training sessions for internal Sales team members on procedures and other contract or legal topics as necessary.
- Contributing broadly to the leadership of the businesses, working effectively with senior management and creating strong trusted advisor relationships with the business leaders.
- 4+ years as an in-house lawyer supporting the company’s sales professionals. Attorney’s from law firms will be considered provided the experience included the negotiation of sales and/or procurement contracts. Experience with high-tech/cloud companies is a plus, but not essential.
- Direct experience in structuring, negotiating, and drafting high-tech cloud based communication MSAs is a major plus, but not essential.
- Confidence in dealing with other internal departments (finance, sales, product), outside representatives and upper management.
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision in a fast pace environment.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, facilitating clear and open communication at all levels of the organization.
- Lead projects. Work cross-functionally. Self-driven. Team player. Results oriented and accountable to timely deliver exceptional results.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills.
- Experience with Governmental Contracting (Locals, State, Federal) a plus.
- A genuine enjoyment for providing legal support to sales teams in high-tech. Trusted advisor and valued partner to the sales organization. Can do attitude.
What we offer:
- RSU’s (Restricted Stock Units)
- Immediate full benefits (Health, Vision, Dental) effective day one
- (10) Company Wide Holidays
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401K Match and ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
- Opportunities that accompany a high growth organization
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEOC employer.