Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Hospitality Systems Analyst
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- 3 weeks ago(9/26/2019 2:28 PM)
Xanterra Travel Collection, is a growing group of travel and leisure businesses operating in more than 30 countries. Xanterra Travel Collection’s businesses include lodging, food and beverage, Windstar Cruises, short-line railroad, and adventure travel companies. Xanterra is the largest concessioner for the U.S. National Park Service, operating lodges, restaurants, retail shops and guest activities in national parks such as Grand Canyon, Glacier and Yellowstone.
Works in conjunction with the Director of Hospitality Systems, corporate and property-based IT team members, Xanterra’s management team, and the user community to provide overall delivery and support for information systems. Position is involved with planning, implementation, training, and on-going support of applications as well as other duties assigned by the Director of Hospitality Systems and the Chief Information Officer. Position will serve as the primary support resource for the Property Management/Central Reservations technology platforms as well as provide support to other systems maintained by the Hospitality Systems Team at the direction of the Director of Hospitality Systems.
- Lead the design, support, training, delivery, and administration of the corporate and property-based Property Management and Reservation systems that support the Company’s Hotel and Reservations business operation. This includes providing hardware support for these applications.
- Work with the Director of Hospitality Systems and others within Xanterra Information Technology management on the design, planning and implementation of all aspects of technology involving Property Management and Reservations operations throughout Xanterra.
- Serves as a liaison and project management counterpart while working with application software vendors used by the organization and identified as core business partners and software providers. While working with the application software vendors, this individual is responsible for business requirements gathering, functionality analysis, specification and software design and documentation on needs/requirements requested in future releases of the product.
- Assists with installation, support, training and design and delivery for interfaces within the hospitality system environment.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Hospitality Systems and Chief Information Officer to formulate implementation plans and schedules that meet the requirements of business units, property level organizations, and the corporate management team.
- Works in conjunction with the Director of Hospitality Systems and Chief Information Officer to formulate technology and related standards to be followed by all business units and assist in verifying that all standards are being followed.
- Creates and maintains needed system and user documentation for systems installed, supported, trained and administered by the Xanterra Information Technology team.
- Prepares and executes organized classroom training as well as on-the-job training for property and corporate employees.
- Responsible for working with the Director of Hospitality Systems on any PCI or other security mandated requirements for Xanterra
- Assists in the patching of environments supported by the Hospitality Systems Team to address updates as well as security vulnerabilities identified by the Infrastructure & Security team.
- Provide support and assistance to the Xanterra Incident Response Team as needed and requested.
- Serves in an on-call capacity for after-hours/non-business hours support if assigned by the Chief Information Officer.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May need to assist in hardware maintenance on other application servers, arrays, SAN, and other equipment.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Functions and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Assist with the Corporate Retail & Food and Beverage Points of Sale as directed by the Director of Hospitality Systems
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge – Provides knowledge on Information Technology, Project Management and Administrative Responsibilities needed to successfully support the assigned location(s).
- Leadership – Serves as supportive leader for the department and the organization as a whole on areas concerning technologies and other spheres of influence.
- Analytical Skills – Demonstrates strong analytical skills including the ability to plan complex system-related projects.
- Technical Skills – Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL and Oracle Database is preferred.
- Security Knowledge – Knowledge of IT security compliance requirements.
- Documentation Toolset Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products is required.
- Applications Experience –Experience with the following applications is preferred: Opera Property Management Suite from Oracle (including Opera PMS, Opera ORS, and Opera OWS), LMS Property Management System, Simphony POS, , Oracle Fidelio Cruise, and Mi9/Raymark Retail Systems.
Must possess 5+ years of related IT experience, with demonstrated business requirement gathering and project management skills including at least 2 years as a Systems Analyst or related role.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Information Technology, and/or Hospitality Administration.
- Background in hospitality-based IT systems; with depth in Property Management Systems
- Application Development experience
- Project Management (PMP) certification
- IT Product Management experience
- Business Analyst certification
- Prior experience with Payment Card Industry compliance requirements
- Significant work experience can substitute for formal education.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, standing, stooping and bending regularly is required, as well as the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: May be exposed to unusual temperature ranges (both cool and hot). The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Minimal travel outside the corporate office may be required. Must be able to be on location or accessible via remote connectivity technology within a 30 minute time period in the event of an emergency.