Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Food & Beverage Server
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- 1 month ago(10/30/2019 1:34 PM)
- Food and Beverage
Primary responsibilities include supervising food service employees along with maintaining the cleanliness of the dining room and service areas, providing excellent customer service, cash handling, and prepping and serving food products. Candidates will be responsible to know and work all areas of the café, working alongside snack bar attendants. Communicates with location management regarding the café operation, business needs, staffing, and employee issues. Coordinates with F&B Manager regarding issues, product needs, merchandising, and training. Provides excellent guest service for all. Greet guests with a smile. Assists the F&B Manager in the day-to-day operations of the café, especially in the absence of the F&B Manager. Assures the highest standards of restaurant service are met for the guests, the company, and the National Park Service. Candidate must be capable to work at an altitude of 12,000 feet, and able to go up and down stairs many times in the operation of a day.
All positions at Rocky Mountain are full-time seasonal positions, there are NO full-time year round positions.
- Perform all duties with respect to the Company’s Core Values, Mission Statement, and guest services standards.
- Perform all cashiering duties properly; ring up all sales before taking money, call out amount tendered in “dollars and cents”, place bills on register, and count back change.
- Suggest add on sales to every transaction performed.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager in organizing the stock room. Stock product as necessary, making sure all displays are kept stocked, neat and clean.
- Receive orders and help maintain inventory levels in the cafe.
- Keep the Cafe clean; which includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, mopping, and trash removal.
- Give accurate helpful information to guests.
- Comply with Xanterra’s Environmental Management Systems (Ecologix) and look for ways to improve the impact your job has on the environment.
- Assist the Food & Beverage Manager with staff supervision and training as needed.
- Discuss concerns only with the manager. Alert manager to shrinkage, guest problems and concerns.
- Maintain a safe & sanitary work area.
- Work espresso coffee bar, hot foods, and food prep as directed by managers.
- Comply with ServSafe protocol.
- Any other responsibilities that are deemed necessary.
- This is a non-tipped position.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Basic math skills with the ability to make change.
- Knowledge of all menus: specials, features, food, and beverages.
- Able to operate a cash register, handle cash accurately, open and close the cafe with or without assistance.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Food & Beverage procedures.
- Prior experience as a Barista helpful.
- Maximize sales by using menu knowledge and suggestive up-selling techniques.
- Able to function with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic seasonal food service operation.
- Acquire and demonstrate an advanced knowledge of products sold in the cafe. .
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision. Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality. Take breaks in appropriate area for limited time and use the time clock correctly.
- Able to keep accurate receiving and back stock records.
- Demonstrate basic awareness of general shop security and theft prevention.
- Able to train fellow associates on product attributes and cafe procedures.
- Able to stand/walk for a minimum eight to ten hour shift.
- Frequently lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Carry boxes/product up and down stairs several times a day.
- Must be able to bend down or kneel to stock product frequently during a shift.