Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Frontline Support
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- 3 weeks ago(9/26/2019 2:29 PM)
Xanterra Travel Collection (Xanterra) owns a growing group of hospitality, travel and leisure businesses operating in more than 30 countries. As the nation’s largest National park concessioner (our original core business), environmental stewardship, compliance and sustainability are fundamental to everything we do. In the last decade, Xanterra has established itself as the industry leader in protecting and preserving the environment in national parks, private resorts and adventure travel. The company’s 6500 (peak season) employees provide superior guest service to visitors from around the world who visit the company’s 20+ hotels and lodges with more than 4,000 guest rooms, 45 retail stores, 55 restaurants, 1,500 campsites, a tourist train, and six cruise ships. Please see xanterra.com for more information on the company and its environmental initiatives.ail shops and guest activities in national parks such as Grand Canyon, Glacier and Yellowstone.
We are looking for a qualified Manager of Frontline support to lead the support of internal clients to meet or exceed customer expectations. It will evolve existing Service Management and support capabilities to meet future needs. It will also provide leadership and supervision in establishing and maintaining an enterprise IT service desk while owning key services such as information assurance, Change/Configuration Management, Service Management, and Service Introduction. This position requires effectively communicating and collaborating on technical matters to other departments affected by changes and escalating as required. Being able to promptly assess and resolve a wide variety of technical issues is essential for this position.
- Develops a customer-oriented support environment, employing a high degree of tact to promote a positive image of IT
- Ensures that SLAs are being met and that IT Support is fulfilling its business objectives
- Takes ownership and overall responsibility for Incident and Service Request Management processes by adhering to established ITIL standards and best practices
- Establishes and manages a knowledge-base for efficient troubleshooting
- Accountable for remote/site support of end-users, desktop applications, and end-user training
- Manages problem resolution by providing direction, training and development to support resources to ensure customer service is timely and accurate ongoing
- Provides data and reporting of KPIs and trends on weekly, monthly basis and as needed. Drives “Ticket Deep Dives” to identify patterns and develops strategies for improvement
- Responsible for IT Communications for major incident outages/emergency activities to the organization
- Reviews customer survey feedback/suggestions to improve services and support experience
- Drives customer self-sufficiency by developing and communicating tips and techniques that enhance business productivity
- Mentors, leads, and develops support staff
- Supports the Change Management process and participates in the Change Advisory Board meetings
- Carries out other duties which may be reasonably expected by the immediate supervisor or other IT leaders
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge – Provides knowledge on Information Technology and overall Service Management processes
- Leadership – Serves in a support role for the organization on areas concerning technologies and other spheres of influence
- Analytical Skills – Demonstrates strong analytical skills including the ability to troubleshoot technology related issues
- Technical Skills – Have a working knowledge of various platforms such as Citrix, VMware, Windows 10, Microsoft Server 2012/2016, Antivirus tools, Windows and third-party application patch management, imaging solutions, backup technologies, Active Directory, and networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS)
- Security Knowledge – Knowledge of IT security compliance requirements and PCI Compliance
- Documentation Toolset Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Applications Experience – Experience with Service Now or other service desk solutions
- Experience owning (or a portion of) a Service/ Help Desk
- Solid technical background combined with customer service experience with a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Experience with Incident and Problem Management
- Able to work both as part of a team or under own initiative. Able to take responsibility for own and team’s actions and performance
- A positive attitude to customer problems and incidents in a high-pressured environment with an ability to motivate the team to achieve specific goals
- 1-2 years’ experience supporting and/or administering a Service Management tool (e.g. ServiceNow, Cherwell, Remedy)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Significant experience in travel, hospitality and/or retail verticals
- Thorough understanding of ITSM standards and processes with training and/or certification in ITIL or a recognized HDI Service Desk certification
- Experience in navigating Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Service Introduction
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration with a concentration in Information Technology, Hospitality Administration and/or Accounting. Significant work experience can substitute for formal education.
- Experience with ServiceNow
- Management of help desks for multi-site businesses with diverse user groups and ERPs, i.e. SAP, Cisco, Microsoft, desktop, engineering and other legacy software
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, standing, stooping and bending regularly is sometimes required, as well as the ability to lift 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Work environment: May infrequently be exposed to unusual temperature ranges (both cool and hot). The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Minimal travel outside the corporate office may be required. Must be able to be on location or accessible via remote connectivity technology within a 30-minute time period in the event of an emergency if on-call.