Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Associate, Rocky Mountain, Summer 2019
- Requisition ID
- Posted Date
- 2 months ago(8/2/2019 8:21 AM)
Provide excellent guest service for all, assists guests with any concerns, questions, or compliments. Retail Associates greet and check out our guests with a smile, operates cash registers, assist in unloading merchandise, stock shelves, and ensures the selling floor is well organized and clean. Cash handling experience is preferred. The season at Rocky Mountain National Park runs from approximately mid-May until mid-October. Candidate must be able to work at an altitude of 12,000 feet.
All positions at Rocky Mountain are full-time seasonal positions, there are NO full-time year round positions.
- Perform all duties with respect to the Company’s Core Values, Mission Statement, and guest services standards.
- Perform all cashiering duties properly; ring up all sales before taking money, call out amount tendered in “dollars and cents”, place bills on register, and count back change.
- Suggest add on sales to every transaction performed.
- Stock product as necessary, making sure all displays are kept stocked, neat, and clean within the guidelines of the Retail Standards Manual.
- Keep the sales floor clean; which includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and trash removal.
- Give accurate helpful information to guests.
- Alert manager to shrinkage, guest problems and concerns. Maintain a good working relationship with managers and co-workers.
- Maintain a safe work area.
- Deal courteously with guests.
- Responsible for accurate account of cash drawer and deposit.
- May need to be able to climb ladders as requested.
- Any other responsibilities that are deemed necessary.
- Able to operate a cash register, handle cash accurately, open and close the store with or without assistance.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of retail procedures by completing the required training.
- Able to function with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic seasonal retail operation.
- Acquire and demonstrate a basic knowledge of product information.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision. Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality. Take breaks in appropriate area for limited time and use the time clock correctly.
- Able to stand/walk for a minimum eight to ten hour shift.
- Frequently lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Carry boxes/product up and down stairs several times a day.
- Must be able to bend down or kneel to stock product frequently during a shift.