Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development Director — Europe
at Young Life
Development Director — Europe
|Location:||Colorado Springs, CO|
The Development Director for Europe will raise funds to support critical staff and grow the ministry in Europe, as well as develop and oversee a world-class team of development professionals. This person will serve Young Life regions and areas in Europe by raising operational and capital funds (domestically and internationally) and by achieving sustained financial health for the division.
Development Team Leadership
- Identify and develop the people (staff and volunteers) who will give energy and resources to fundraising to regions as well as countries.
- Cultivate, grow, supervise and lead development team members in the Europe division.
- Actively lead and participate in team meetings and team initiatives as a servant leader and team player.
- Create a plan to originate new major gift relationships, and cultivate and solicit gifts at the major gift level.
- Develop a plan to achieve goals, and review revenue/expenses regularly with the VP of Development.
- Take primary responsibility for managing and achieving the Europe development teams’ annual revenue goal.
- Establish country sponsorship, staff sponsorship, and country committees for long-term sustainability.
- Speak, lead worship and serve communion for vision trips.
- Visit and speak to local churches and international supporting churches.
- Conduct weddings and funerals as appropriate and called upon.
- Create a plan with specific monthly goals for cultivation of a case load (at least 25 assigned donors).
- Through existing donors, personal contacts, networking with friends, attendance at appropriate events, and
- speaking opportunities, find new donors, introduce them and add them to caseload on a regular basis.
- Conduct research on both existing and new caseload donors and set realistic annual goals for their contributions.
- Make monthly contact using personal notes, emails, stories, testimonies, small events, vision trips and volunteer
- Make appropriate introductions to senior management and attractive periodic asks to draw donors further into
- the ministry and maximize their potential as donors.
- Build relationships with field staff and partner with them accordingly, to grow major donors and ensure personal
- connections and stories.
- Ensure that all donor contact is recorded in the donor database (YL Connect).
- Maintain a Christ-like presence as a spokesperson and ambassador for Young Life, representing all aspects of our
- ministry in a positive way to staff, visitors, volunteers, donors, and external groups.
- Seek educational growth opportunities and maintain professional relationships with peers in other organizations.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Carry out the individual plans and initiatives as defined by the VP of Development (from initial launch to completion of the campaigns).
- Partner with the VP of Development to coordinate major donor engagements throughout regions and participate when appropriate.
- Coordinate with the US Divisional Campaign Directors for International major gift asks.
- Work closely with the Divisional SVP and the VP of Development to provide quality follow-up and accountability on all major gifts follow up, including accountability on matching funds.
Reporting and Evaluation
- Implement a regular reporting product for staff and donors that covers how major gifts have been distributed
- through the region and how that investment has paid off.
- Participate in regular evaluation process with the VP of Development.
- Budget and Salary will be set by VP of Development, but approved by the CDO and Divisional SVP.
- Revenue to fund this budget will be as follows:
- $25,000 in personal network support
- $150,000 from MAF (10% of all gifts raised outside of above personal network)*
- Office environment; travel as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Qualifications Required For the Job:
- 5 – 10 years’ experience of demonstrated success cultivating high-capacity donors and generating substantial
- annual revenue.
- Comfort and experience asking donors for financial and personal involvement.
- Knowledge of development best practices and YL Connect (Salesforce) CRM technology is preferred.
- Exceptional leadership ability to positively impact strategic and tactical major gift program.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationship and partnership across organizational lines
- Solid, visible relationship with Christ, evidenced by a heart for God, yielding a genuine, deep love for others.
- Relationally-driven and possessing strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Extensive Young Life knowledge is preferred.
- Able to effectively manage the operational aspects of a missionwide office.
- Able to work effectively with all field staff and their supervisors.
- Able to work effectively as a team member with the Development Admin team at the Service Center.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions.