Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Regular Full-Time
ZOLL Data is a leading health technology company servicing the needs of medics, firefighters, and other lifesavers. We have the resources and stability of a large company, but the nimbleness, ambition, and determination of a startup, because we used to be one. Our vision is to improve lives through transformational People and Products.
Perks & Benefits: ZOLL provides a casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a compensation structure that rewards contribution and hard work. Additionally we have stocked kitchens, free daily organic fruit delivery, yoga classes, on-site fitness center, on-site cafe, dry cleaning service, social events and much more! Our full benefits package includes 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life, HSA/FSA, STD/LTD and tuition assistance.
Since the 1970s, the need for EMS (Emergency Medical Services) information systems and databases has been well established, and many statewide data systems have been created. However, independently these EMS systems vary in their ability to collect patient and systems data and allow analysis at a local, state, and national level. As a result, the NEMSIS (National Emergency Medical Services Information Systems) project was developed to help states collect more standardized elements and eventually submit the data to a national EMS database.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who will be responsible for being the liaison and advocate for national, state and regional reporting requirements to ensure our patient charting products are successful in both the short- and long-term. Critical to the success of this role is understanding the range of requirements and implementation timelines across the national, state and regional repositories, customer and prospect business needs, competitive capabilities, etc.
- Assist Product Managers and Product Owners to ensure patient charting products meet NEMSIS, regional and state reporting requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with all internal departments: engineering, sales, marketing, customer success & operations, (implementation, support, training, professional services, IT, etc.), and finance.
- Facilitate confident communications directly with state and regional data managers, repository vendors, customers and prospects to drive successful implementations.
- Gather customer and prospect input related to ZOLL’s national, state and regional reporting solutions using a variety of different means (e.g., in person, phone, email, surveys, etc.)
- Provide input to the product strategies, roadmap development and ongoing product development of ZOLL’s patient charting products.
- Assist product management, product ownership and engineering in requirement definition.
- Ensure that usability is considered in product design and provide input to ensure customer and repository needs are met.
- Support national, regional, and local customer training events.
- Perform competitive research related to NEMSIS, state and regional repository offerings
- Develop detailed user stories that define the required changes to ZOLL’s patient charting products to support the national, state and regional reporting that customers must comply with.
- Work with the support and implementation teams to understand and troubleshoot any issues that arise with specific customers or groups of customers with regard to national, state and regional reporting.
- Work closely with Product Owners to prioritize user stories to ensure national, state and regional compliance deadlines are successfully met.
- Manage the national, state and regional certification processes for ZOLL’s patient charting products.
- Actively participate in the review and feedback process for changes to and new versions of the national, state and regional standards. Participate in NEMSIS TAC webinars, phone calls, conferences and planning meetings.
- Review and understand national, state and regional schematron files and rules.
- Assist in the testing and validation of product changes to help ensure they are compliant with the national, state and regional reporting requirements.
- Manage ZOLL’s relationship with national, state and regional data managers and provide these groups with a single point of contact at ZOLL.
- Manage ZOLL’s relationship with the vendors of state and regional data systems and provide these vendors with a single point of contact at ZOLL.
- Participate in State Data Council meetings.
- Communicate important national, state and regional reporting information both internally and externally in an appropriate, effective and timely manner.
- Facilitate and/or contribute to internal sales & operations training related to national, state and regional reporting capabilities.
- Support beta testing and product launch activities for ZOLL’s patient charting products.
- Resourcefulness and independence
- Excellent relationship skills
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Understanding of software and data exchange concepts
- Experience managing project timelines and priorities
- Some travel will be required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with data analysis (e.g., Excel spreadsheets)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of operational and clinical processes in EMS and Fire
ZOLL embraces and celebrates diversity! We are an equal opportunity employer and dosoft not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.