Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
QA Engineer Lead
- Regular Full-Time
The QA Lead will work as part of the product development team and is responsible for defining and executing a best practices quality strategy as well as mentoring our team in these same practices. This individual will have background in both manual and automated UI testing and is comfortable leading a diverse team in the execution of that strategy in an agile environment. This position is responsible for ensuring high quality in a Microsoft based .NET application that runs on a Windows platform in an enterprise setting. This critical application is used for charting patient medical records in an emergency or pre-hospital setting and is considered a best in class solution for EMS and Fire agencies.
ZOLL is a leader in emergency software for Paramedics/EMT's, Firefighters and other lifesavers. Our healthcare cloud-based technology solutions lead the industry in providing mission critical service to industries that provide life-saving services. Our vision is to Improve Lives Through Transformational People and Products. For more information on what it’s like to work at ZOLL check us out on Facebook!
Perks & Benefits: ZOLL provides a casual work environment, competitive salaries, and a compensation structure that rewards contribution and hard work. Additionally we have stocked kitchens, free daily organic fruit delivery, on-site fitness center, on-site cafe, dry cleaning service and much more! Our full benefits package includes 401(k), medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, flex spending accounts and STD/LTD.
- Drive the quality, vision and strategy across the engineering team to attain consistency in method and process.
- Lead the team in best testing practices to consistently ensure quality is a key element injected into our development process.
- Drive architecting, implementing and enhancing both a manual and automated testing process to support a continuous integration.
- Work closely with our engineers to seamlessly integrate testing into the development and build processes.
- Write useful and effective test cases in ZOLL’s test case management system. Ensure the development team is following best practices in test case development that will enable high quality software releases.
- Coordinate the tracking and reporting of key quality metrics for measuring progress, quality and efficiency
- Develop, maintain, and execute test plans for requirement/user story validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing.
- Review historical, existing and ongoing bug reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
- Ensure proper tracking, oversight, and communication of QA efforts
- Manage testing status in our Issue and Project planning software.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific user stories/requirements/quality risks.
- Participate in road-map planning to provide recommendations and concerns.
- Train, teach and develop QA resources both local and abroad to work as a cohesive unit.
- Assist with product documentation for both internal and customer facing tools.
- A strong advocate for the customer and user experience
- Creating and maintaining test environments
- Understanding and effectively communicating product requirements
- Liaison with other departmental stakeholders and customers (i.e. Support escalations, other product teams, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience testing (manual and automated) and developing professional software.
- Automated testing experience for .net application
- Experience installing and configuring Microsoft Windows
- SQL Server – Must be able to write SQL queries
- Comfort and experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment.
- Comfort working with offshore development and testing teams
- Experience with bug tracking and task management software such as TFS.
- Hands on experience on architecting and implementing UI test automation frameworks from scratch
- Basic .NET development a plus
- Experience using AWS for managing testing environments
- Healthcare background a plus.
- Knowledge of TeamCity a plus.
Qualities needed to be successful:
- Ability to work with multiple cross-functional teams, including business and technical stakeholder.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration principles and best-practices.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player with great attitude
- Sense of humor
ZOLL values diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.